FL’s “Working Life” programme gives students the opportunity to gain confidence in spoken and written communication, collaborate on projects and develop the skills involved in bring them to a successful conclusion, and generate ideas about what qualities they could bring to their future careers.
FL’s “Working Life” Programme is designed for the Alternanza Scuola Lavoro ex L.107/2015. The structure of the course provides students with the opportunity to gain a comprehensive insight into the working world and become aware of the qualities they have as they embark on their working life.
Our programme consists project work, seminars and field trips. The programme which can be one or two weeks in duration covers the following topics:
- Presenting yourself – How to put the best foot forward in an application
- Interview Techniques – Knowing yourself is the best preparation
- Advertising and Marketing – Explore and describe the experience of a product you use
- Managing a Budget – Plan a group activity on a budget
- Communication in the workplace – Meeting and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurship – Leading a team in the successful execution of an idea
This programme can be adapted to suit the students areas of interest in areas such as Science & Technology, Tourism & Languages, Film & Photography, Design & Innovation. The programme offers a total of 40 hours per week (20 hours in-class during the week and 20 hours of topic-related field activities in the afternoon and one full day), and a final graded skills certificate will be given to the student.