Summer 2016 Programme Details
- Summer 2017 dates: Monday 26th June to Friday 4th August
- Arrival days: Saturdays and Sundays
- Minimum Stay: 2 weeks
- Ages: 11 to 17 years old
- 2017 pricing: click here
- 2017 Booking form: click here
Host family students stay with carefully selected Irish families and are immersed in the friendly Irish culture from morning to night. FL uses the highly regarded and sought after areas of Malahide, Portmarnock and Donabate which are all coastal areas and within 25-30 minutes of Dublin city centre.
Mornings are spent in fun technology enhanced classes, afternoons include exciting activities with highly qualified FL staff and evening times are a mixture of free time and organised activities and excursions. Your transport to and from school is fully arranged with private coach and supervised by FL staff at all times.
Included in our Dublin Host Family pProgramme
- 15 hours of technology enhanced lessons per week (09:30 – 13:00)
- 1 full Saturday excursion per week (09:00 – 17:30)
- 1 half day excursion per week (13:30 – 18:30)
- 4 weekday afternoon activities (14:00 – 16:30)
- 2 organised midweek evening activities (19:30 -21:30)
- All entrance fees included
- Accommodation with a carefully selected host family
- Private transport to and from school including all excursions
- Breakfast and dinner with host family
- Served hot lunch in school
- All classroom materials and use of our computer hardware
- @flireland.com email address and all software subscriptions
- End of course certification
Note: Host families will provide students with a packed lunch on Saturdays. Sunday is a host family day.
Afternoon and Evening Activities
Afternoon and evening activities are as important for us as providing high quality and technologically enhanced English lessons. A wide selection of activities is available for the afternoons (4 days per week) and in the evenings (twice per week). These take place in the school, the local sports complex (which is beside the school), and of course in the nearby picturesque villages. Here is a sample of some of our planned afternoon and evening activities:
- Rock climbing
- Woodwork and Science workshops
- Croke Park Football Stadium
- Dundrum Shopping Centre
- Scenic cycling tours
- Swimming at the beach
- Watersports – sailing and canoeing
- Use of the IT rooms in school
- Irish/Gaelic Football & Hurling Coaching
- Indoor & outdoor soccer
- Hip hop dance classes
- Art classes
- Malahide Castle
- Local walking trails
- + lots lots more
Students will take part in a mixture of these listed afternoon activities as well as exploring Dublin City and the beautifully landscapes of the surrounding Irish countryside
A variety of fun and memorable full day excursions will take place each Saturday and half day excursions during the week. These are a perfect mix of amazing natural parks, top tourist sights, fun-filled activity centres and busy Irish cultural events.
If you would like to take part in some of our optional extras such as Golf lessons, Sailing, Horse Riding, Tennis you can do so at the booking stage. If you are organising for a large group please mention this at the time of booking.
In addition to our program, if there is any other special activity which you would like us to arrange we would be more than happy to investigate this for you or your group.
Fees & Booking
To view our Home Stay Fees for summer 2017 check out our brochure by clicking here
If you would like to see a more detailed sample home stay timetable please send an email request stating your name and what school/agency you are affiliated with, to email@example.com