Dublin, Ireland 2019 Residential Programme Details
Our exclusive residential centre is one of the best in class in Ireland. The centre is excellently equipped in all areas to cater for energetic students and provides top of the range facilities and catering services. Gormanston Park offers modern residential accommodation with en suite rooms of the highest standard. All public student areas and bedrooms are equipped with free WiFi access. The centre rests in the beautiful setting of rural mature grounds which offer tree-line pathways, landscaped gardens and river walks along with several large open green areas for student activities including an on site foot golf complex and one of Ireland’s largest indoor sports area. Future Learning students have their own exclusive relaxing areas along with a private coffee dock with TV facilities.
Choosing our residential programme promises not to disappoint. Sharing accommodation with a mix of international students and supervised by our energetic FL staff, students are occupied and entertained all day long. FL residential students have full use of our private coach that takes students on the 25 minute journey to and from school every day.
The main difference between the residential programme and the host family programme is the 24/7 supervision of our residential students. For this reason we notice many students that choose the residence option are aged between 11 to 15 years.
Our Residence – Gormanston Park
Gormanston Park has recently refurbished its accommodation quarters and now boasts 282 beds. Adjoined to the residential area is Gormanston College, a Franciscan school, and also the stunning Gormanston Castle. The centre is excellently equipped in all areas to cater for large student numbers and provides top of the range facilities and catering service.
Gormanston Park offers modern residential accommodation with en suite rooms of the highest standard. The centre is equipped to facilitate the needs of modern technology which is essential to Future Learning. All public student areas and bedrooms are equipped with free WiFi access.
Included in our Dublin Residential Programme
- 15 hours of technology enhanced lessons per week (09:30 – 13:00)
- 1 full Saturday excursion per week (09:00 – 17:30)
- 1 full Sunday excursion per week (11:00 – 17:30)
- 1 half day excursion per week (13:30 – 18:30)
- 4 weekday afternoon activities (14:00 – 16:30)
- Midweek and weekend evening activities (19:30 -21:30)
- All entrance fees included
- Accommodation in twin/shared ensuite rooms
- Transport to and from school (where required) and all excursions
- Breakfast and dinner in residence/school
- Served hot lunch in school
- All classroom materials and use of our computer hardware
- @flireland.com email address and all software subscriptions
- Official Trinity examination center
- End of course FL certification
Note: packed lunch is provided on Saturday and Sunday
To provide students with an authentic Irish cultural experience residential students go on excursions to well known destinations each weekend. Our weekend destinations promise to be of very high quality, cultural and adventurous.
Gormanston park offers spacious rooms for activities along with evening trips organised by our energetic FL staff. Sample Evening activities for residential students include:
- Foot Golf
- Afternoon in Howth which includes a boat trip to Ireland’s Eye
- Unforgettable traditional Irish Ceili dancing night by former Riverdance members
- Beautiful Cliff Walks
- Bowling & Quaser
- Sailing and canoeing
- Indoor sports such as hockey, basketball, soccer etc.
- Professional GAA coaching
- + lots more
If you would like to take part in some of our optional extras such as Golf lessons, Sailing, Horse Riding, Tennis you can do so at the booking stage. If you are organising for a large group please mention this at the time of booking.
In addition to our program, if there is any other special activity which you would like us to arrange we would be more than happy to investigate this for you or your group.
Fees & Booking
To view our Residential Fees for summer 2018 check out our price sheet by clicking here
If you would like to see a more detailed sample residential timetable please send an email request stating your name and what school/agency you are affiliated with, to firstname.lastname@example.org