Computational Thinking and Problem Solving for 7 – 12 years old
To put it simply, it is to analyse a problem and set out a series of logical steps and rules any human or computer would understand. To achieve that, the first step is to break down a complex problem into smaller, more manageable pieces. Using those pieces you look for patterns, focusing on details that are relevant to solving the problem while leaving out those that are not.
- Locations: Athlone and Sligo
- Course Dates 2019:
- Monday 1st July – Friday 5th July
- Monday 8th July – Friday 12th July
- Monday 15th July – Friday 19th July
- Monday 22nd July – Friday 26th July
- Course Duration: 5 Days
- Student ages: 7 to 12 years old
- Fees: €165 for 1 child, €155 per child for 2, €140 per child for 3
Why is Computational Thinking Important?
Problem-solving skills are invaluable in all workplaces today. Educating young learners to use problem solving in everyday life as a base for basic programming is the first step towards success in current and future careers.
What is included?
- 25 hours of fun lessons over five days.
- All materials and access to computer facilities included.
- Safe and secure email provided along with software subscriptions.
- End of course Future Learning certificate.
- Classes run from 9:30am to 3:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Students should bring a snack for morning break and a packed lunch.
- Students are fully supervised and are not allowed to leave the premises throughout the day.
Day By Day Outline
Get an FL representative to contact you